The INLETS In-Depth:
Building Excellence in Threat Assessment & Management: A Practitioner’s Workshop
This workshop is designed for experienced practitioners in the field of behavioral threat assessment and management who have already completed foundational training regarding key principles and practices.
This advanced experience will provide a collaborative environment to challenge and hone skills and is limited to a class size of 40 participants.
The pre-registration assessment can be accessed through the blue registration button above. All submissions will be reviewed by the workshop facilitators. Notification of class acceptance will occur on Friday, March 15, 2024.
Participants will enhance their knowledge, capabilities, and resources, both to assess and manage cases, as well as to refine and enhance threat management programs and processes.
The workshop will combine interactive presentations, group discussions, case studies/scenarios, and practical exercises to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively assess and manage threats of violence to their respective sectors. The workshop will provide participants significant opportunities to engage with other practitioners and build collaborative networks to enhance knowledge, skills, capabilities, and support.
The Practitioner’s Workshop is appropriate for BTAM practitioners from a range of disciplines including:
- Law Enforcement and security,
- Psychology and behavioral health
- Human Resources
- Management, across all sectors
The course format will require participants to actively engage and collaborate with peers in discussions of key issues, and to work in a team environment to identify, assess, and manage case scenarios.
The facilitators will also host Fireside Discussions during which participants can seek consultation and insights related to cases or BTAM program development. These informal events will provide a less structured opportunity to network and collaborate with peers and facilitators.
- All workshop events
- Overnight accommodations at host venus
- Student aides
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
- Opening night liaison dinner
The workshop, sponsored by INLETS, is developed, and facilitated by Dr. Gene Deisinger and Mr. Jeff Cugno, internationally recognized experts in behavioral threat assessment and management (BTAM).
Dr. Deisinger has been an active BTAM practitioner since 1993. For over 30 years, he has developed and led BTAM programs and provided training and consultation for BTAM programs across a broad range of sectors for clients in North America, western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
Mr. Cugno is a 27-year veteran of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), serving as the Primary Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) Coordinator for the FBI’s Los Angeles field office for the past 17 years. He also served as the Threat Management Coordinator. Now retired from the FBI, he provides consultation and training to a broad range of clients around the world.
All Inclusive price to include hotel, meals, and evening events.
Transportation to and from the venue is not included.
Law Enforcement/Public Sector $4500
Corporate/Private Sector $5900
- Enhancing Team Dynamics and Decision-Making
- Key Legal Issues & Updates: Context & Guidance
- Tactical Exploitation and Analysis of Social Media
- Managing Internal and External Fear
- Structured Interviewing Techniques: Preparation through Execution
- Mental Wellness, Mental Illness, and Violence: Understanding the Nexus
- Caring for the Team: Practices for Managing Stress & Building Resiliency
- Assessment of Communicated Threats
- Communicating Regarding Assessments: Systematic and Effective Messaging
- Beyond the Bang: Post Incident Threat Management
- Looking to the Future: Preparing for Evolving Threats